Wednesday, September 24, 2014

PiYo Results and Review

PiYo is another Beachbody program that I have completed and I feel pretty darn good about the results. I had a few trips during this time and I will admit first thing that I was horrible with my eating. I'm an emotional eater and was going through a lot this summer, but I finished and I am happy with my results. Inches lost around the waist, perkier boobs, and Becky, look at that butt!! Yes, I said it. I'm proud of my progress back there! My booty has needed some major work since losing weight and PiYo has lifted it back up and given it some shape. It's still got a ways to go before I'll be completely satisfied, but I know with continued workouts, I'll get it to where I want it. 


During the 2 months with PiYo, I ate more than my share of cupcakes and chocolate. I was stressed from moving, helping my aunt move and a shoulder injury that happened earlier this year and wasn't getting any better. Fortunately, I got a steroid injection and so far, the pain has subsided. I'm an emotional eater and you can tell when I'm having good days and bad. I'm working on not giving into my emotions and feeding them with food. It's all mental for me. I'm in a good place right now and I'm committing to myself. 

The meal plan with PiYo is very open. It's very similar to the 21 Day Fix, just without the containers. You are given a certain amount of each food group to eat each day and a list of suggestions. There aren't really any recipes, so if you struggle with putting meals together, you'll definitely want to reach out to your coach and probably invest in the weekly meal planner with club membership from Team Beachbody. 

I really enjoy coming up with new ideas and am horrible at meal planning myself. The kitchen is my favorite part of the house though, so I'm good at winging it and flying by the seat of my pants. If this isn't your strong suit, I suggest trying club membership because you can use the meal planner and it will tell you exactly what to eat for every meal. Some people love that! 



The most important thing to remember when doing any workout is to do the best that you can do. Give it your all and you will see results, no matter what it is. 

When it comes to the workouts in PiYo, the first month is easy. The workouts are short and not too intense. Once you get into month two, your body will hurt. The workouts are closer to 45 minutes than 30 and they are going to make your muscles burn-no weights required! Get used to it! I suggest having some Results and Recovery ready for the days you do Drench, Sculpt and Buns. Wowo!! Chalene is not messing around. 

If you have any questions about this program, please let me know! I'm happy to help you decide if it's the program for you. 

Bridget


No comments:

Post a Comment