Thursday, November 6, 2014

3 Day Refresh

I feel like this has been such a simple cleanse and it has really made life easy this week. It’s only three days and there isn’t much food prep to do in advance. You can eat a variety of fruits and veggies throughout the three days, so it’s easy to accommodate different people’s taste buds. If you’re not a fan of many fruits or vegetables, it’s a great way to experiment with new recipes. 

Overall, I'm down three pounds and 1.5 inches in my waist, hips and chest. My husband (who complained about the refresh all three days) is down 9.6 pounds and 3.25 inches in the same areas. 


Throughout the three days, I felt fine, was able to exercise and my biggest problem was wanting to cheat and eat cupcakes. I resisted because the cravings weren't bad. I just always want what I can't have. That's why I don't do well with any restrictions. At all! 


The fiber sweep had me worried-because of the name, but it tasted pretty decent-kind of like a lemon herbal tea flavor. DRINK IT FAST, though! It took me a little longer to drink one day because I was distracted and it started to congeal into a cream of wheat consistency. Not a fan of that!! :O 

The best thing about this refresh was that it was all mapped out-when and what I can eat. With it planned, I feel like I can do well because I know exactly what is to come next and it's all done for me. I was never a shake person in the past, but having three shakes a day on the Refresh was so simple. The vanilla fresh was great alone and I made it with frozen cherries two of the days for breakfast. 

I love to cook and there isn't much of that on the refresh, which is great for people who are in a hurry and don't have a lot of time. All three days can be prepared in advance and you can meal prep the day before you begin. 

I chose to have hummus all three days with veggies for snacks. I like red pepper, green beans, broccoli and carrots, but I got the most food out of the pepper and beans. 

I had asparagus for lunch two out of the three days. I seasoned it with lemon juice, a little bit of olive oil and garlic herbal seasoning. So easy and delicious-ready in about 10 minutes. 

For the dinners, I had the veggie stir fry, the cucumber-tomato salad and the Moroccan carrot salad. All three of these items I've had for dinner before-during the Ultimate Reset so I was happy to have them again. I learned a lot of great recipes during the Reset, so it was nice to have them again for the Refresh and reminded me of wanting to use them more often. 

And stay on the lookout-I'll be posting the Moroccan Carrot Salad recipe within the next week! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment