Friday, November 14, 2014

The countdown has started

I've finally made one of the hardest decisions of my life. I'm going under the knife!! 

I was at my heaviest weight when I got pregnant with my daughter in 2009 and when I had her I was 234lbs. She was a big baby and stretched out my stomach even more than my fat did. I even had the notion that since I was heavy when I got pregnant, maybe I wouldn't get stretch marks. Ha. What a joke! 

In 2012 when I started my journey to get healthy and fit I had no idea how far I would come. With the support of family, friends and my coaching team, I've become addicted (in a good way) to fitness and promoting a healthy lifestyle. I'm toned pretty much everywhere and look decent in clothes...but my stomach is not something I want people to see. No low rise jeans, no crop top shirts and no two piece swimsuits. I don't mind the stretch marks really, it's the loose skin! It's soooo loose. I walk one way and it walks the other. 

For my business, I like to make workout videos and share new ways to work certain body parts. I feel like an impostor doing ab work-my loose skin folds up into many rolls and it's just not pretty to look at. If I stand still, no problems, but as soon as I move... The loose skin also hurts when I do cardio and any type of quick movement. Jump Around by House of Pain is it's theme song. Sometimes I feel like it's high-fiving itself and clapping. I make jokes, but it makes me very sad about myself and nobody should feel this way about their body. 

My surgery is scheduled for December 3rd. Because I'm going to be out of the fitness world, I'm going to take this time to make sure my diet is on point! Any tips you have for making meals ahead of time will be great because my husband will want to eat out and my aunt who is coming down to take care of me is not allowed in the kitchen. It's safest for everyone this way! I've gone back and forth about this with my husband for at least a year now. 

One of the biggest obstacles is the fact that I can't workout at all for six weeks!!!!! Do you know how long that is for someone who works out everyday?? I keep telling myself it will fly by, but I just don't know. I am hoping for a quick and speedy recovery, but doesn't everyone want that? 

I'm going to be documenting my journey here and on my YouTube channel, so let me know what questions you have and I'll do my best to answer them. 

Until next time! 
-Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment